Technical Support Representative
Are you looking to start your career with a global Medical Gas Equipment Provider? BeaconMedaes, located in Rock Hill, SC is currently seeking a qualified Technical Support Representative to join our team. The Technical Support Representative creates value for the organization by providing first class technical support on medical gas and laboratory equipment for BeaconMedaes customers, while keeping phone call waiting times to a minimum. The Technical Support Representative will work with other team members to provide multi-layered coverage with a goal of keeping lost calls to an acceptably low level.
Roles and responsibilities are focused on:
Aftermarket Technical Support (80%) – Provide BeaconMedaes technical support to customers, field sales, field service and internal departmental personnel, regarding medical gas products marketed throughout the U.S. Review new products and product information from a field/aftermarket perspective to determine service feasibility and required aftermarket resources and/or services. Visit customer sites, as and when required, to inspect equipment in special and difficult cases which could not be resolved by BeaconMedaes field operations. Evaluate and approve warranties, per warranty policy.
Customer Service (20%) – Approve warranties for both internal and external customers. Review BeaconMedaes aftermarket feedback on product performance and operational issues. Forward feedback to appropriate departments/authorities/divisions and initiate corrective actions to bring these issues to prompt, satisfactory resolution. Liaise with technical support engineers at BeaconMedaes to expedite the timely and appropriate resolution of service issues.
Perform assigned duties in accordance with BeaconMedaes standards, while always striving to provide timely support for the Customer and field personnel. Take whatever action is appropriate and required to get the job done and to establish and maintain communications with all people/employees considered necessary to get the job done. Perform other duties as assigned.
What you can expect from us?
Our people are entrepreneurial in mindset, passionate about BeaconMedaes and committed to our growth. You maintain and promote First in Mind – First in Choice among BeaconMedaes customers. You will communicate with customers and colleagues in person, over email, via phone, and then translate this feedback into suggestions and solutions to best utilize our products and services. Our core values of Interaction, Commitment and Innovation should be reflected in our solutions to both our customers and colleagues. You are focused on developing competencies related to the medical gas industry. Our employees demonstrate an empathetic spirit with an inquisitive mind to advocate our customers’ needs to the entire company because Life is in The Details.
At BeaconMedaes we offer attractive benefits including:
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, and 401 (k) retirement plan
- Health insurance/ Dental insurance/ Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Life & Disability insurance
Start your career journey with BeaconMedaes today! We offer a wide range of interesting roles and many opportunities to grow.
What we expect of you?
- Solid understanding of mechanical and electrical components.
- Experience in compressed air and/or Medical Gas Systems.
- Experience with Atlas Copco Z and GA compressors is recommended.
- Proficiency with computer software applications (Microsoft Office).
- Ability and desire to provide a high level of support to customers (both internal and external).
- Two-year technical degree or related experience.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have a positive attitude and be highly service oriented.
- Must have phone skills and be a productive member of the technical support call team.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills, with an understanding of mechanical and electrical components and the ability to interpret wiring diagrams and relay logic.
- Must also have excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, as well as Outlook.
Life is in the Details
BeaconMedaes has been the center of the medical gas world for more than 70 years. We are a leading solutions provider in the education, design, manufacturing, supply and service of piped medical gas and laboratory gas systems. Our main corporate office and competence center for medical and laboratory gas expertise is located in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
Learn more at www.beaconmedaes.com