Product Support Specialist – Pumps
Job description / Mission
The key aspects and responsibilities of this role are:
- The key part of this mission is to Support and set up of pumps in a wide variety of applications via telephone, app use, video conference, etc. as needed.
- Guide end user, sales people and Dealers that a specific pump, series of pumps, is correct for the application and develop pump curves for the jobs as required.
- Travel will be part of this mission and on site set up and demonstration of the equipment will be required as well.
- Support the promotion and demonstration of new products and existing product lines, with focus on diesel surface pumps and submersible dewatering pumps as needed.
- Provide high level of customer service.
- Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Train and assist sales people, and dealers to select the correct pumps and support sales team as needed.
- Identify need and opportunities for new or improved products for the market.
- Preparing presentations and sales displays for customers and internal sales force.
- Develop training plans to educate and motivate employees to perform at their highest potential.
- Visit customer’s sites to provide technical expertise and aid in setup and commissioning of these products.
- Take on additional tasks and/or ad-hoc projects as requested ie: market specifications, competition analysis, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in support / sales, marketing or service in the dewatering industry.
- Knowledge and experience in developing pump curves and pump application selection.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Experienced in dealing with aftermarket products is considered an asset.
- Proven business analysis and motivational presentation skills.
- Previous experience of sales territory and channel management.
- Previous experience with temporary prime power applications, electrical loads, generator sizing, pump applications.
Knowledge / Educational requirements
- Working knowledge of diesel and electric dewatering pump.
- Proven work history of supporting or equivalent education
- Competence with industrial/commercial fluid power and low voltage electrical control systems is required.
- Technically and/or commercially oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate (SAP4C, Microsoft Office, etc.) and strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint would be an asset.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is an asset.
- Positive attitude and willing to troubleshoot and problem solve any technical or commercial related product issues
- Assertive, result orientated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Travel within US and Canada is required (Estimated 30-40%).
- Able to work unsupervised, independently and as part of a team.
Self-motivated and able to work under time constraints.
The position is based in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion . . .
We at Atlas Copco believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That’s where you come in – we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative, inclusive and flexible work environment along with competitive compensation and comprehensive wellness & benefits programs.
Start your journey today!
Power Technique North America LLC (PTNA-CC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: PTNA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PTNA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sec (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. PTNA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PTNA encourages applicants of all ages.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com