Perform transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high degree of accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records, providing cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. This position is required to be available to work in any of our branch locations and may move from branch to branch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, including night deposit, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and member balances
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer. Generate member receipts.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the Manager
- Understand and be able to explain to a Member how their account tis managed by the Credit Union, with particular attention to explaining fees, balances and holds
- Answer the telephone in a polite and professional manner, remembering to follow availabel and unavilable procedures.
- Be able to assist members with ATM/Debit Card issues, online banking, address changes, stop payments and other issues concerning their share accounts
- Perform all opening and closing of branch including door and/or vault.