Responsible for the purchasing of goods and services. Responsible for the validation of suppliers and evaluation of products and services offered. Responsible for the preparation, solicitation, and review of, proposals, and award of contracts within the scope of assigned authority. Maintain the establishment of purchase orders; tracking of purchase orders, invoices, receiving, and acceptance records system.
• Ensure full compliance with approved Purchasing and Contracting Policies and Procedures.
• Obtain goods and services in support of all Arauco business units by placing Purchase Orders within their scope of authority, against existing National Contracts to the maximum degree possible and practical. When there is no National Contract, take appropriate action, following Arauco contracting policy and procedures, to source, develop, and award local or regional contracts within their budgetary and contracting scope of authority.
• Assist in developing requirements and specifications (R&S) and statements of work (SOW) by providing information pertaining to potential suppliers, supplier history data, technical/functional data, pricing data, and other data necessary to ensure the development of a complete and accurate R&S and/or SOW.
• Administer or assist the using offices in administering, contracts to include establishing supplier relationships, executing contract modifications/amendments, expediting deliveries, responding to supplier and user queries, and resolving contractual issues.
• Provide value-added service by constantly striving to find new and better products, sources of supply, and better ways of meeting or exceeding the needs of operations and the functional areas.
• Participate in maintenance and operations planning meetings to ensure early purchasing involvement to drive maximum value.
• Assist Arauco storeroom managers as appropriate for the procurement of stocked and non-stocked items.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or supply chain management or three to five years related experience.
• Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Ability to deal effectively and consistently with staff, suppliers, and cross-functional teams in order to complete job responsibilities.
• Accurate data entry skills and familiarity with spreadsheets and computers are required.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work under strict deadlines.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology.
• Familiarity with transportation modes, such as parcel, LTL, truckload, air, and courier, is preferred.
• Excellent planning and organization skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and effective negotiating skills are required.
• Advanced computer (Microsoft office) skills using multiple applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
• Familiarity with Six Sigma / Lean process improvement is preferred.
• Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks and respond to deadlines is essential.
• CPM/CPSM certification is preferred.
• Systems experience with SAP is required
Arauco is an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.