Accounts Payable Supervisor
ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
AP Supervisor – Rock Hill, SC
The Accounts Payable Supervisor ensures the efficient tactical operation of the Accounts Payable team including invoice and expense report processing/payment, supervision and development of staff, performance against SLAs, participation and leadership of special projects, and resolution of issues and questions from management and vendors. Performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgement and scope. Analyzes data and prepares reports, troubleshoots problem accounts, negotiates with vendors, and makes recommendations for improving and implementing procedures.
- Supervise the daily tactical operation related to invoice and email processing, assign and prioritize work to ensure balanced workloads, assist staff with problem resolution and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the team’s work product.
- Ensure timely payment of vendor invoices and employee expenses while maintaining accurate records and controls.
- Follow-up and monitor team performance against targets using reporting tools.
- Assist with the month-end close process including completion of all AP activities by the close date, preparation of month-end reports and reconciliations.
- Provide input to management with regards to streamlining work processes.
- Train staff on procedures and processes.
- Interact with internal/external customers courteously at all times, diffusing stressful situations where conflict and unreasonable demands from users require tact and diplomacy.
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc reports for the Management team.
- Coordinate, track and approve paid time off for staff, ensuring proper coverage during employee absences.
- Provide performance coaching and prepare and administer staff performance appraisals.
- Interview prospective employees, make recommendations and provide appropriate onboarding and training.
Experience & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of ETE Accounts Payable function including but not limited to Vendor Master, invoice data capture, PO/Non-PO invoice processing, paperless workflow, payment methodologies, etc.
- Experience in a moderate volume AP shop, e.g. 110K invoices/year
- Experience in a multi-system, paperless, workflow environment
- Experience leading a decentralized team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Customer service approach
- 2-year+ degree in Finance, Accounting, or a Business-related discipline
- Minimum 5 years prior Accounts Payable Supervisor experience within a large corporate environment in a paperless, workflow environment
- SAP or other equivalent large ERP system experience, e.g. Oracle, JDEdwards – SAP preferred
- Concur, SAP Expense or other Expense Report processing system experience – Concur preferred
- Ability to organize, lead and deliver small projects
- Ability to read, understand and execute upon instructions and develop broad concepts into action plans and deliverables
- Ability to multi-task and meet firm deadlines
- Solid business communication skills, both verbal and written in individual and group settings
- Knowledge of basic accounting principals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) at an intermediate level or better
- AP Certification desired
- Ability to use a PC, keyboard, mouse, view information on a minimum of two monitors, use a telephone, and use general office equipment
Arauco is an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.