Adult Enrichment Centers
Key Function/Purpose of Position:
The main function of the nurse is to provide skilled, professional, person centered nursing care to all clients. The Registered nurse will provide initial and ongoing nursing assessments of clients, initiating/updating the care plan with respect to person-centered care per Agency and DHEC/DDSN licensing policies. The nurse is will provide ongoing monitoring of the client’s health status, administration of medications and treatments according to MD orders, standard nursing practices, and Federal/State licensure regulations. The nurse is expected to recognize any abrupt changes in health status and initiate an MD consultation call and/or call 911 as necessary.
• Provide professional, skilled nursing care demonstrating sound judgment following a person-centered approach for clients who have a variety of health issues;
• The nurse will perform initial and on-going nursing assessments for clients, initiating the personcentered care plan on admission and with timely updates as prescribed by policy, complete quarterly notes of progress to goals and document anytime significant changes in health status are observed and necessitate an update in the plan of care;
• Administer and record all medications safely and timely in accordance with MD orders;
• Prepare and maintain daily flow sheets, medication administration sheets, and meal sheets on each client;
• Maintain all client medical records with HIPAA-compliant practices assuring privacy and confidentiality;
• Participate in ongoing training opportunities as offered by the Agency and related outside organizations as directed by supervisory staff;
• Maintain personal competency and position requirements to perform the job to include, but not limited to, licensing regulations, continuing education, regulatory compliance, and job proficiency.
• As assigned by the direct supervisor based upon client need and staffing requirements.
• Graduation from an accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program
• Current nursing license valid in the State of South Carolina
Experience & Qualifications:
• Candidate must have at least two (2) years of successful, broad-based clinical experience.
• Must have a driver’s license valid in the State of South Carolina and access to an automobile for use during work hours.