Adult Enrichment Centers
Care Team Partner
Recreational therapy aides (RTA) offer services based on the specific needs of their clients, so their daily tasks vary.
1. Assist the elderly, disabled, chronically ill and cognitively challenged clients with daily living activities during the adult day
2. Provide hands on care to those who are unable to care for themselves. This may include bathing, dressing, feeding, and
assistance with toileting, ambulating and personal hygiene.
3. The RTA is not only responsible for a client’s physical well-being, but their mental well-being as well, taking the time to
befriend their patients to ensure their comfort and engagement in activities.
4. Monitors client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to Director and/or RN.
5. Participates in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client’s needs and plan for
6. Maintains good public relations with all clients, caregivers and coworkers. Participates in client activities and special events
7. Maintains agency records as assigned.
8. Prepare and serve meals and snacks as directed
9. Escort clients for field trips, etc.
10. Perform cleaning duties as assigned: such as sweeping, dusting, mopping, bathroom cleaning, windows, vacuuming,
removal of trash, etc.
11. Performs any other duties related to the position as directed by the Center Director
• Work weeks are generally during the hours of the operation and is scheduled in advance.
• Frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people around the work area, vehicles and off-site destinations.
• Cleaning duties require use of chemical agents
• Frequently assigned to changing priorities
• Lift, with assistance, persons up to 190 pounds or more
• Push/pull persons in wheelchairs
• Overhead arm extension and movement involving light lifting
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
• Respect for the principles of client rights, confidentiality, EEO and ADA.
• Punctual, meticulous and reliable
• Courteous manners with the public
• Perform tasks requiring sweeping, mopping, cleaning, etc. using heavy-duty commercial equipment and cleaning agents
• Lift boxes up to 50 pounds without assistance
• Current CPR and First Aide certification
• High School diploma or GED
• Certification as nursing assistant (C.N.A.) or equivalent experience
• Ability to read and follow written instructions.