VP, Global Corporate Controller
3D Systems, a leading global provider of 3D printing solutions, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to lead the global controllership function. As a key member of the Finance leadership team, the Corporate Controller, reporting directly to the CFO, has overall responsibility for the Americas, EMEA, and APAC controller teams and is accountable for the accounting operations of the company. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and disclosures, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, SEC requirements and international financial reporting standards, where applicable.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to the Executive Leadership Team.
- With input from CFO and Finance leaders, determines accounting and reporting implications for all material business decisions and is also an active participant in the tax strategies and compliance of the Company.
- Mentors and develops the team, managing work assignments, systems training, performance reviews, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Reviews and ensures application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
- Oversees the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Oversees and reviews all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Assures conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Coordinates the preparation of information to external auditors for annual audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- 10+ years of experience in a senior accounting role
- 5+ years in a leadership role leading a team
- SEC external reporting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to drive change and optimize processes
- Ability to develop and maintain business partnerships
- Demonstrated abilities and results in leading and coaching a team
- High attention to details
- Strong financial and analytical abilities
- Proven track record driving process improvement and efficiencies
- Precise and clear communication skills