Virtual/Augmented Reality Developer & Web Platform Administrator
Job Summary: This individual combines a strong set of skills in 3D content manipulation, creation, and technical instruction. They have a proven ability to engage with BU’s and engineers to enable successful outcomes in AR & VR development to support 3D Systems training program and technical support services. This includes AR & VR instruction design, content creation and consistent support to the organization.
This individual will have the ability to manage and maintain the customer support website, taking into account the functionality, appearance, content, and performance.
We are seeking a full time, self-motivated individual with significant 3D content experience, overall design competence and can provide elated training to colleagues. This person will become a proficient author developing next generational instructional content for 3D Systems platforms. The individual will also need to have a good understanding of creating virtual & augmented reality programs to support efforts to enhance remote support and training.
- Develop an inside-out knowledge of creating VR & AR reality knowledge platform, with emphasis on the creation and use of AR & VR programs.
- As a key contributor to the content development team, work directly with key BU’s to define and develop best-in-class instructional AR & VR programs.
- As a key contributor, work directly with 3D Systems Technical Communications team to develop their ability to internally define and develop best-in-class instructional VR & AR programs.
- Support AR & VR projects with 3D tools and design software, including modelling, translation, decimation, image editing etc.
- Provide feedback and insight from user experiences into content development team to contribute to the ongoing development of training and technical communications.
- Understand BU focus and assist on successful delivery of valid use cases.
- Manage website infrastructure, monitor performance, implement updates and upgrades in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work independently on time and on budget as well as work with a collaborative team.
- At least 5 years’ experience in CAD and 3D content creation including format conversion, optimization, modelling, and animation.
- General competence in image editing (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent).
- Solid ability to create content for a global audience, with emphasis on correctness, readability and grammatical accuracy.
- Proven experience managing projects, including coordinating and collaborating with other teams.
- Solid understanding of PHP, XML, HTML Web CMS development experience (Drupal + Acquia a plus or similar platform).
- Familiarity with Industrial equipment and manufacturing processes; including the lifecycle associated with these environments.
- Ability to travel to Organization’s sites throughout the Americas and Europe.
- Must be willing to travel (estimated 10-20%)