3D Systems, a leading global provider of 3D printing solutions is seeking a Staff Accountant to join its Americas Controllership team. The candidate will be expected to be flexible, work well within a team and contribute to ongoing process improvement efforts. The Accountant will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts
- Maintain/reconciles general ledger accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects
- Contribute to more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Provides financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records
- Regularly update business and accounting knowledge
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively in order to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
“This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.”
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Masters in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years’ related experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced excel skills e.g. pivots, v-lookups, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Familiarity with Oracle R12, Hyperion Financial Management, Noetix experience a plus
WORKING ENVIRONMENT /PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of 3D Systems to ensure a safe, healthy workplace for all its employees. All employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents immediately to their supervisors or Human Resources; wearing required personal protective equipment; and participating and supporting safety activities.
Quality in Everything We Do! Our passion is satisfying customers by providing products and services to assure our customer’s success. Our goal is to provide consistently innovative, high quality products and services that assure our customer’s success. We do this by taking consistent, result-oriented actions in everything we do with a deliberate focus on quality, performance and customer success.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All employees are expected to understand and adhere to the standards defined in the Company’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Culture Guidelines.