Specialist, Process Development Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will be part of an engineering team developing 3D printers. Their primary function is to develop and optimize processes for Stereolithography technology involving new materials and new printers.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Grow and optimize processes for Stereolithography technology involving new materials and new printers.
- Develop, communicate and document process engineering activities in unit support, design, plant engineering activities.
- Accountable for the delivery of the process engineering deliverables and services on time, within budget and meeting quality expectations.
- Interact with Chemists, Software Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, while creating, specifying, confirming and optimizing processes with variable parameters using statistical methods.
- Work with support teams to monitor unit operations, correct problems and assist in improvements, usually for special problems or projects.
- Direct engineering team to maintain and ensure continuous operation, including assistance during unit operational upsets or unit turnarounds.
- Ensure completion of process engineering study and design for new projects and coordinate with Engineering Department to complete projects.
- Conduct hands-on experiments on 3D printers and develop thorough reports on the research.
- Independently execute research and development projects.
- Provide Industry specific expertise and leadership in 3D printing applications.
- Act as the primary Materials and Process delegate and technical lead to the Stereolithography programs.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required
- M.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- 5- 10 years’ experience in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Proven project management skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience and/or knowledge about statistics and process control are required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all relevant job material and pertinent accounting literature.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, client’s, customers and the general public.
- Ability to formulate solid conclusions without direct supervision.
- Ability to partner with all cross functions and tenacity to confront all relevant performance issues.
- Strong analytical skills to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for defining problems and obtaining solutions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Solid skills in planning and organization with an ability to plan and manage multiple projects with attention to detail.
- He/she should also have an outstanding record in his/her discipline, creativity, productivity and problem solving skills.