The Shipping Specialist will be working within the operations warehouse completing placed business orders required and administrative duties. This position is expected to have minimal supervision while supporting all shipping activities.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processing and filling sales orders by picking, packing, and shipping all 3D Systems materials, spares, and printers.
- Process and distribute associated shipping documents, including Bills of Lading, SLI, Packing Slip, and Commercial Invoices.
- Timely updating of information in ERP system (Oracle).
- Preparation of Shipping Documents for U.S. Domestic & International Transportation.
- Plans daily work activities and prioritizes assigned tasks.
Education and Training
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Forklift Certification is required.
- Three years’ experience in preparing Shipping Documents (including U.S. & International Export Documentation for truck/air/ocean transport) is required.
- Prior experience using a forklift, power tools, and a pallet jack is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Excel and Word).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in (Oracle) ERP a plus.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with customers and others in the workplace
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable of inventory processes, packaging, and UPS/FedEx online shipping systems
- Skilled and knowledgeable in using the computer
WORKING ENVIRONMENT /PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Including but not limited to the following: Standing for a minimum of 8 hours a day, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion, manage a pallet jack up to the rated capacity, operation of stretch wrap dispenser, and operation of a forklift. On a frequent basis including but not limited to the following: balance, kneel, crouch, and reach.
- Required to observe all safety standards and rules.
- Required to report all injuries to his/her supervisor and Human Resources within 24 hours.
- Personal protection equipment & Safety Glasses must be worn as required by the job.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Required to adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct as a fundamental business practice.
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as “protected veterans”). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.