Senior, Product Engineer
Job Summary: Manages technical programs on behalf of the Plastics Supply Chain Operations – Engineering Services organization. Leads projects and initiatives affecting goals and objectives for an assigned product portfolio of printers and accessories. Independently drives the creation and management of cross-functional leadership teams; facilitating, coordinating and leading cross-functional teams to complete a variety of technical program plans, tasks, and milestones. Maintains an awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to influence the success of programs and initiatives. Provides both detailed technical communication and high-level project status updates to the Supply Chain leadership team. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background and experience in electro-mechanical design, assembly processes and test, as well as a high level of knowledge in product design. Additional experience in product sustaining is also highly desirable. He/she should be well organized, disciplined and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities related to operations and organizational goals. He/she must be able to communicate with internal company personnel, as well as customers, suppliers, and third parties with equal effectiveness and professionalism.
Primary Job Functions
- Drives the creation and management of multiple cross-functional leadership teams, inclusive of core business units, software divisions and and/or third party partners.
- Leads cross-functional priority setting and resource allocation relative to each program, project and/or initiative.
- Develops and maintains multiple complex technical programs that include diverse practices, services and/or initiatives.
- Facilitates, coordinates and leads cross-functional teams to complete multiple complex technical programs and/or project plans, tasks and milestones.
- Ensures completion of all specific deliverables and tactical initiatives required to support initiatives on the behalf of the Supply Chain team for new product development.
- Supports current products by facilitating improvements to design and processes with both design engineering, manufacturing engineering, procurement and operations.
- Independently facilitate partner alignment and maintain partner relationships with cross-functional groups to ensure successful completion of program deliverables.
- Communicates multiple program initiatives, messaging, and status across core business units and the Supply Chain leadership team.
- Develops and manages communication and coordination of cross-functional teams across all areas.
- Defines and reports program roadmap, status, development issues and success metrics.
- Supports, manages, and influences continuous improvement of product/solution development lifecycle process, practices and initiatives.
- Identifies, escalates and ensures resolution of issues affecting successful execution of programs.
- Works with other mechanical, electrical, software, firmware, industrial, and process teams to co-develop hardware and software solutions to integrate into product design and sustaining applications
- Support production systems based on the feedback of Quality Assurance and customers.
- Prioritize and communicate product sustaining issues across product lines and regions
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Six Sigma training is a plus
- Minimum five years of applied engineering experience
- Minimum five years leading project/programs
- Minimum five years of engagement with a supply chain organization
- Working knowledge product lifecycle process management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Project Management methodology experience such as Waterfall and Agile helpful.
- Professional, articulate, positive attitude and team oriented.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, OneNote)
- Experience with JIRA desirable
- Ability to partner effectively with peers
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Strategic planning abilities required and the ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Ability to adapt and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Strong and effective communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and negotiation