Materials Development Intern – Engineer
As the original pioneers of 3D printing, 3D Systems has been at the forefront of shaping the entire additive space from aerospace to healthcare since our founding in 1986. Our innovations in digital manufacturing is changing lives and transforming how the world produces goods. It’s a big responsibility to have this type of impact and it’s where we thrive.
We have a diverse team with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-thinking talent composed of individuals with heart, grit, a ton of curiosity, and the brainpower to bring ideas to reality. To lead, explore, and innovate with the utmost integrity is the cornerstore of our work.
As part of our continuous effort to grow our talented and innovative workforce, we have an exciting opportunity available in our Rock Hill, SC location for an Intern to join us for the 2021 Summer Internship Program! We welcome applications from students of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
2021 Summer Internship Program Overview:
Our 10 week Summer Program is designed to provide students a challenging and meaningful internship to gain valuable and hands on experience. All students in the program will be given a project with clear learning objectives and desired outcomes. At the conclusion of the internship, each intern will have the opportunity to present their summer project to leadership. Interns will also have exposure to other areas of 3D Systems to learn about all of our solutions. You will be given the opportunity to network with other interns and colleagues at 3D Systems including our senior leaders.
We are seeking an Engineering summer intern to support a materials design team in testing and analysis of materials for 3D printing applications in Rock Hill, SC. Candidate must possess strong analytical skills, excellent communication, and be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment. An ideal candidate must be a self-starter, team player, and able to change priorities quickly in a dynamic work environment. Should be comfortable working in a lab environment with appropriate procedures and protective equipment.
Duties may include 3D printing/processing, mechanical testing, and statistical data analysis of experimental results.
This is an onsite position compliant with social distancing policies and mask-wearing state guidelines.
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment
- Understand and follow test plans, procedures, and lab processes
- Operate printers and lab analytical equipment
- Statistical data analysis of designed experiments
- Follow written and verbal instructions from chemists and engineers in the group
- Communicate effectively with other team members, both verbally and in writing—this includes communicating frequently with mentors and other chemists as out of the ordinary findings, changes in procedures, or unexpected results develop, and which may be considered useful knowledge to the group.
- Rising juniors or seniors working on a four-year degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a related discipline
- Prior completion of a statistics or design of experiments course and experience with statistical modeling is preferred
- Direct, hands-on experience working in a laboratory setting
- Ability to use Excel for data collection and processing