IT Salesforce Release Manager
3D Systems is the originator and world leader in 3D printing. Born from a spark of inspiration in 1983, 3D Systems has run on innovation for over 30 years. Co-founded by the inventor of 3D printing, Charles (“Chuck”) Hull, 3D Systems has grown into a global 3D solutions company focused on connecting our customers with the expertise and digital manufacturing workflow required to solve their business, design or engineering problems. Be a part of a fast-moving global organization that thrives on innovation, speed and quality to build the technology of tomorrow. If you’re the kind of person who thrives in a collaborative environment, where the open exchange of knowledge and ideas is encouraged, who has a yen for making a real impact, and whose heart skips a beat at endless career path opportunities, 3D Systems is the place for you. Come join us. Be the difference and watch our company and your career rise together.
- Define and manage change control process for development and release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Accounting for any dependencies and risks along the way; identify issues and perform root-cause analysis to ensure they are not repeated.
- Facilitate release activities across all Salesforce Development and Administrator teams, ensuring quality and timely deployments across environments
- Work with Salesforce Development Team(s) to maintain allowed Test coverage in salesforce and resolve all the Deployment errors.
- Monitor all lower environments (Salesforce Sandboxes) for release process / creating and synchronizing sandbox metadata and appropriate data sets
- Validate Post Release Activities /Track release metrics to improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders and Teams
- Work with Salesforce Support Team – Coordinate Salesforce Release Calls, and Support Activities
- Should have strong understanding of deployments using Force.com migration tools (Salesforce Tools IDE, GITHub, and Version Control )
- Perform and Support on Salesforce Administration Activities
- Responsible for maintaining consistency between Salesforce sandbox environments, from Development through SIT, UAT and Production.
- Host weekly (and adhoc) calls with internal business admins, internal development teams, and Salesforce Support to plan and prepare all production facing releases.
- Perform as primary liaison between IT and internal & external Audit teams to provide any and all information requests.
Relevant Experience 8+ years
- A proven Salesforce Release Manager who will take ownership of all aspects related to ensuring a ‘healthy’ Salesforce.com platform.
- Minimum 7+ year’s experience on the Salesforce platform inclusive of release management, Salesforce Administrator, and implementing Salesforce.com technology based solutions
- A strong understanding of CRM, Sales, Marketing, and other business processes
- Experience of working on global Salesforce.com platform and the implications related to Release Management
- Experience managing the release processes for business on-boarding projects and data migrations
- Hands on experience with Salesforce.com configurations, roles, profiles, and other permission controls
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with team members.
- Productive with moderate supervision
- Dynamic and flexible in their approach to work
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Good knowledge and experience with AppExchange products and understanding of how to install/de-install
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Salesforce Certifications – Salesforce Administrator, and Salesforce Advanced Administrator
- Preferred: Masters degree, and/or additional Salesforce certifications