Director, IT Infrastructure
3D Systems is searching for a Director of Infrastructure who will be responsible for managing a team of professionals to design, implement, and maintain all network, telecom and video conferencing based technologies for the enterprise. The candidate must possess excellent technical knowledge, leadership, team development, project management, operational excellence, and communication skills. The candidate must be able to work with IT and business staff at all levels to understand business requirements and translate them into technology solutions. A successful candidate will have proven experience in working in a highly complex, global environment with coordination across teams and regions to achieve goals and planning activities.
Essential duties include:
– Provide enterprise strategic direction for regional and global IT network architecture while working with key stake holders to establish appropriate standards and controls to maximize service levels while minimizing costs.
– Responsible for all aspects of the global voice and data network and facilities. Serves as the senior IT network leader and ensures that global network standards are applicable and implemented in all regions.
– Responsible for ensuring the communications infrastructure is maintained to provide reliable services for the region, including working with service providers and Telco Carriers to ensure that the network is stable and highly available.
– Responsible for deploying and implementing network security controls.
– Ensures the logical and physical network is performing as required and works with internal and external service providers to repair and restore service as needed.
– Ensures all IT Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements are met.
– Develops strategy, road maps, budget needs and works to deliver projects on time and within the budget scope.
– Continually investigates and implements ways to improve the effectiveness of network services capability.
– Ensures global and regional network documentation is accurate and maintained on a timely basis.
– Ensures tracking of related IT issues coordinates resolution and assists in driving issues to closure.
– Escalates high severity issues and chronic problems to appropriate management.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
-University Degree or equivalent experience.
-Network and CISCO certifications a plus.
-10-15 years experience in technical support role with progressive responsibility.
-3-5+ years supervisor/manager leadership in network architecture and
-Strong mix of business, functional, and technical skills.
-Proven ability to discuss voice and data network concepts and strategies in
simple, clear terms to help drive and influence decision making of business and
-Broad knowledge of all technology considerations (performance, scalability,
maintainability, deployment, operations, technology infrastructure).
-Self-driven manager, with a pro-active and strategic vision of IT.
-Ability to effectively plan and control projects.
-Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with vendors,
subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels.
-Has an overall understanding of the objectives and functions of the company,
business units and departments serviced by IT.
-Possess strong IT knowledge and understanding with deep skills in IT
operations, customer relationship management and outsourcing vendor
-Cost and budget control.
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as “protected veterans”). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.