Director, Americas Controller
3D Systems, a leading global provider of 3D printing solutions is seeking an individual to lead the Americas regional controllership function reporting to the Global Corporate Controller. The Americas controllership includes the Company’s controllership functions in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and South America. This person will work closely with the Global Corporate Controller to establish a process improvement and standardization program aimed at improving the efficiency of the financial close process and increasing the timeliness and accuracy of internal and external financial reporting. In coordination with Global Controllership, assistance will also be required as part of the continuous improvement of policies and procedures related to the Americas controllership function and policies to comply with legislation and establish best practices.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads the regional accounting management including general ledger management and account reconciliations for the monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Prepares and coordinates ad hoc reporting, monthly, quarterly and annual closings, and other reporting requirements as required at a local, regional and corporate level.
- Prepare and/or coordinate financial reports, ensuring compliance to government regulations and company policy.
- Collects and measures financial results at a regional level to analyze financial performance and present findings to management.
- Responsible for the Americas region’s Accounts Payable department.
- Responsible for Cost Accounting team.
- Identify improvements to Oracle & other finance related software applications to facilitate processes and maintain records including the review the company’s accounting information and master data to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Ensure adherence to state and local tax regulations.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls.
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit, internal audit and statutory audits.
- Perform region specific controlling and reporting activities including interactions with operations Finance.
- Assist with mergers, acquisitions and/or divestures on an as needed basis.
- Other finance related projects, as needed.
- Assist with implementation of software such as Blackline.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including, for example supply chain, engineering and sales.
- Have a transformation mindsight.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
“This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.”
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and management
- 5+ years working in a matrix environment and global company
- 5+ years in a leadership role supervising other employees
- 2+ years working for a US publicly traded company preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A strong knowledge of the Company’s business and organization structure
- Accounting and reporting expertise
- SOX experience
- Proficient in Oracle R12
- Ability to drive change and optimize processes
- Ability to develop and maintain business partnerships
- Precise and clear communication skills
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as “protected veterans”). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.