Corporate Business Development and Investor Relations Director
More than 30 years ago, 3D Systems brought the innovation of 3D printing to the manufacturing industry. Today, as the leading Additive Manufacturing solutions partner, we bring innovation, performance, and reliability to every interaction – empowering our customers to create products and business models never before possible. Thanks to our unique offering of hardware, software, materials, and services, each application-specific solution is powered by the expertise of our application engineers who collaborate with customers to transform how they deliver their products and services. 3D Systems’ solutions address a variety of advanced applications in Healthcare and Industrial markets such as Medical and Dental, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, and Durable Goods.
The Corporate Business Development and Investor Relations Director will report to the company’s Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for working with our executive leadership team to manage and execute on our business development pipeline, which includes acquisitions, joint ventures and market expansion opportunities. In addition, this individual will be responsible for working with our CEO and CFO to develop external messaging for 3D Systems’ investor relations efforts that resonates with analysts, current and potential investors and our employees. This function will manage interactions with our research analysts, answer investor inquiries, organize non-deal roadshows and investor conference participation and assist with all external IR communication.
- Develops and maintains a company investor relations plan.
- Key role in executing the quarterly earnings process, performing analysis on results, supporting development of key messages, and drafting of earnings release, conference call script, and other preparation materials and presentations.
- Develops shareholder targeting strategy to achieve appropriate shareholder mix. Uses targeting strategy to inform participation in non-deal roadshows, investor conference participation and other shareholder development activities.
- Monitors business, market, organizational and operational changes through ongoing contacts with company management and develops investor relations messages based on these changes.
- Manages the investor relations portion of the company website.
- Monitors analyst reports, creates consensus models, and summarizes them for senior management. Performs valuation analysis on company stock and peer groups. Reports to management on stock performance and positioning.
- Works with business units and M&A Committee to assess and prioritize M&A and market expansion transactions to best align with corporate strategy and growth objectives. Responsible for managing the overall business development pipeline.
- Leads transaction execution including project management and coordination of deal strategy and business case development, target approach strategy, valuation, negotiations, due diligence and execution. Works closely with business teams, internal functional experts (eg. legal, accounting, tax, human resources, etc), and outside advisors to manage deal execution.
- Works with the finance organization to perform detailed financial analysis including financial models, valuation analysis, and synergy models in support of potential transactions.
- Ensures development of an achievable post-acquisition integration plan; Working with business unit leads and acquisition steering committee, leads project management of post-acquisition integration.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus but not required
- 8-10+ years of business experience. Experience in investor relations, corporate business development or financial planning & analysis. In addition, experience in investment banking, equity research, or consulting will be considered.
- Strong financial and investment analysis capabilities, including detailed knowledge of business case modelling and valuation techniques.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities with the ability to manage multiple workstreams and tight timelines.
- Experience working in a global corporation with operations in multiple geographies is preferred. Experience in technology industry (hardware, software or services) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills. Ability to develop and communicate complex topics in concise, easy to understand format. Advanced skills and experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as “protected veterans”). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.