Purchase and plan raw materials, components, spare parts, finished goods, and other items as required from suppliers to meet the Sales and Operations Plan for our Materials BU. Establish and maintain individual supplier relationships; ensuring performance expectation meet 3D Systems expectation from a cost, quality, delivery and cash flow (inventory & payables) perspective. Work with Material’s customers, suppliers manufacturing & sales operations team to ensure proper alignment of Supply / Demand plans.
Primary Job Functions
- Planning – Plan and release quarterly / 12 month rolling Forecasts based on the S&OP plan in order to support Manufacturing Operations.
- Purchase Order Processing – Place purchase orders and release shipments against purchase orders as required to meet the Supply Plan based on Sales and Operations Plan.
- Manage Inventory – Maintain all MRP parameters and WIP jobs in Oracle. Support the development of ABC strategies and Plans for Every Part (PFEP) on a quarterly to annual basis. Ensure execution of inventory plan for assigned RM’s / FG’s.
- System Maintenance – Ensure current and accurate information regarding delivery, lead-time, price, MOQ and other inventory management parameters is correctly reflected in the MRP system (Oracle).
- Supply Management – Develop working relationship with Suppliers. Establish lines of communication with suppliers to ensure proactive notification of any exception status. Support the implementation of Strategic Supplier Agreements (SSA’s) with key supplier partners.
- Price and Quality – Meet established price, quality, and on-time delivery objectives. Resolve quality and quantity discrepancies and perform other duties as required.
- Strategic Initiatives – May be asked to initiate or participate on strategic projects.
- Ensure meeting or exceeding KPIs relate to buyer performance – Supplier Quality, delivery, last due & unconfirmed PO’s and cash flow goals for inventory and payables
- Supports internal compliance with Procurement Strategies & Policies through analytics, reporting and direct user interfaces
- Work in conjunction with the Materials Commodity Manager to define strategies & execution plans for spend categories within direct responsibility
- Interpret issues and make recommendations to improve operating efficiencies within the position and adherence to Procurement Strategies
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain (preferred), Operations Management, Engineering, General Business, Accounting, or Finance.
· APICS and or ISM Certification a plus.
· Five plus (5+) years of experience or more in tactical procurement with an OEM or contract manufacturer.
· Domestic and International Supplier negotiations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
· Strong, concise communication skills (written & verbal) with the ability to influence / persuade while working across various levels of the organization
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and work in Cross-Functional teams
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast paced environment
· Must be detail oriented, organized and possess good problem-solving & analytical skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite – Excel, PowerPoint expertise required.
· Strong negotiation and analytical skills required
· Working knowledge of Oracle is preferred.
· Required travel: Minimal (0%-10%)