Business Development Manager – Healthcare
3D Systems, a leading global provider of 3D printing solutions is seeking a Business Development Manager. We would like to have someone that can join our Business Development team in Healthcare that can help accelerate our pipeline and provide a demonstrable impact on our company’s bottom line.
This is an off site role and can be based anywhere in the United States.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers and ensure consistent business follow-up
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Company’s current and future products and solutions
- Provide weekly updates, accurate territory sales forecast, monthly status reports, and quarterly sales projection reports
- Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of 3D Systems Healthcare products and/or services.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within medical device and healthcare field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Experience in selling to medical device companies is desired.
- Individual contributor.
- Extensive travel required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- 3-6 years of technical sales or marketing experience in medical device or healthcare industry with a proven track record of significant and measurable success.
- Experience in selling to medical device companies is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ideal candidate has technical sales and/or marketing experience in medical device or healthcare industry and has been involved in product planning and commercialization.
- Ideal candidate has product development and manufacturing experience preferably in metal additive manufacturing processes, and/or polymer processing technologies (e.g. machining, injection molding, etc) and additive manufacturing processes (e.g. SLS, SLA, FDM, etc).
- Experience in creating presentations that translate product and benefits into measurable, quantifiable cost savings.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, product development and flow through an organization and purchasing procedures is required.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to travel and have a valid driver’s license for sales calls and meetings.
- Requires an ambitious and optimistic personality with an aggressive approach to selling, a reputation of integrity and a track record of creatively satisfying customer needs, a strong track record
3D Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a disable veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran (referred to collectively as “protected veterans”). The Company also provides applicants with equal employment opportunities without regard to pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions including, but not limited to, lactation.