Pilgrims Inn Open Arms Child Support Center
Preschool Teacher(Infants-4 years old)
We are looking for a qualified Preschool Teacher to prepare small children for kindergarten by easing them into organized education. You will teach them important elements that they will encounter soon after they enter school life. A preschool teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
- Develop a careful and creative lesson plans suitable for preschool children
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Encourage children to interact positively with each other.
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background.
- Collaborate with other educators/teachers
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Proven experience as a Preschool Teacher (please list on resume)
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Maintains friendly tone with parents and children.
- Reliable and Dependable
- Certification in child CPR (Willing to obtain with in 30 days)
- Prefers: 6 months of previous childcare experience in a licensed childcare facility. If you do not have this experience and have a passion for children, you will remain in a classroom with an experienced teacher for 6 months.
- Must be able to pass SLED/FBI background checks.