Pilgrims Inn Open Arms Child Support Center
Candidates must be Responsible for:
1)Weekly planning and implementing age appropriate lesson plans and physical activities.
2)Facilitate children’s daily activities, using circle time and centers according to lesson plans, interacts and participate with the children.
3)Maintaining a clean environment,(classroom included) including children’s hands and faces.
4)Maintain ratios at all times, keeps tracking records of children throughout the day.
5)Communicates frequently and respectfully with children directly, in child-friendly tones and on their level following our discipline policy.
6)Mature candidate that can interact appropriately while conveying messages to the parent.
7) As a floater, you will be required to go into a classroom when a teacher is absent or needs a lunch break.
8) As a floater, you are required to keep the kitchen clean and go by DHEC standards.
9) As a floater, you will be required to keep a count of the milk cartons daily/weekly.
10) As a floater, you will be required to go grocery shopping and keep items dated and fresh in the kitchen.
11) As a floater, you will be required to prepare Breakfast/PM Snack and go daily to pick up lunch from a food vendor.
12) Other job duties as required.
1)Able to pass SLED/FBI background check.
2) 6 months experience in a DSS LICENSED childcare facility (NOT public school settings, church settings, adolescent group settings, babysitting or volunteer)
3)High school diploma/ GED. ECD certificate or enrolled in program. Must take ECD 101 within 6 months of employment.
4)Must take 26 hour pre- health and safety within 3 months of employment. First aid, CPR and Blood borne pathogens are required but can be obtained within 3 months.
5) Center is open Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm (must be available to work these hours. We have PRN position (AS NEEDED) as well but hours are not guaranteed.
6)Applicants must be flexible, professional, capable of lifting children, team-oriented and have a true dedication to children.
7) Professional and positive attitudes are required.
8) Dependability and flexibility is a MUST.
9) Clean driving record and must be willing to drive a 15 passenger bus(with training).