WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 38475 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2021-03-30 14:16:03 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-03-30 18:16:03 [post_content] =>
Overview Performs professional accounting and administrative work to ensure timely and accurate reporting in the areas of daily operations and season passes, to complete all treasury requirements, to supervise concession contract tracking and payment calculation, and to complete and/or supervise account reconciliations in the areas of deferred revenue and credit card receivables, under limited supervision. Supervises the work of assigned seasonal accounting clerks. Performs related professional work as required.[post_title] => STAFF ACCOUNTANT [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => carowinds-staff-accountant [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-03-30 14:16:14 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-30 18:16:14 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=38475 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => job_listing [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) Responsibilities
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and/or Resort Accounting and any related functions.
- Oversees the preparation and processing of the daily operations report and any other operating reports required by the park or Corporate.
- Manages report preparation personnel, schedules, and processes; reviews and balances daily reports and distributes reports to management staff; supervises and reviews related recordings to the general ledger.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly journal entries. Reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for inventory reconciliations.
- Reconciles bank accounts and credit card account and processes requests for chargebacks.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other park administrators and staff, subordinates, vendors, financial institutions, customers, etc.
- Assists with directing the work of an Accounting Assistant.
- Processes and oversees mailroom functions and assists Accounting Manager with proper document retention and storage.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What are we looking for?Qualifications
- At Least 21 Years of Age
- Associate’s Degree (2 year College or Tech School)
- 5 – 7 Years Related Experience Accounting or related field Accounting or related field
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control processes, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, general ledger, and daily bookkeeping procedures.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook, and other accounting or operating systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Full Time
- Charlotte, NC
2 weeks ago
- May 29, 2021
WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 36875 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2021-02-17 13:25:04 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-02-17 18:25:04 [post_content] =>
DescriptionDomtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. [post_title] => ACCOUNTANT [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => domtar-accountant [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-02-17 13:25:55 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-02-17 18:25:55 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=36875 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => job_listing [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )Staff Accountant Location: Rock Hill, SC Reports to: Finance & Planning Manager Reporting to the Finance & Planning Manager, this role will be to provide professional financial/accounting support for Domtar’s Rock Hill converting site as well as for other Finance leaders. Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Key Skill Sets:
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including submitting journal entries and preparing reconciliations for proper cutoffs
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review for all assets and liability accounts
- Prepare/present annual budgets and forecasts including requested variance analysis
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including period variance analysis
- Process accounts payable
- Complete waste billing templates for non-paper sales
- Code and add descriptions on Purchase card transactions
- Provide tax, insurance and audit (internal and external) support as necessary
- Research and explain cost variations
- Maintain/improve internal controls regarding purchases, inventory and payroll
- Capital – provide information to support requests, prepare and submit requests, close and capitalize projects
- Review inventory (rolls, sheets, packaging and maintenance) for aged and/or obsolete materials
- Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data
- Assist on special assignments and prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Possess ability and track record of challenging reported figures, asking questions & probing others to ensure that the right answers are obtained
- Perform annually/quarterly property tax return and government reports
- Help coordinate and review physical inventory process and results
- Maintain item costing and quarterly transfer pricing uploads in JD Edwards
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to understand accounting data, spreadsheets and concepts and simplify and communicate a message in both written and verbal communications
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, proactive, results driven and detail-oriented mindset
- Analytical approach to solving problems and critical thinking
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse teams across organizations levels, locations and business functions
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance with 0 – 2 years related experience in an accounting/finance role; experience within a manufacturing operations environment /processes is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities. Including advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience working in an ERP system, preferably SAP, Kronos and JD Edwards experience are an asset
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Full Time
- Rock Hill, SC
2 months ago
- April 18, 2021