WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 38303 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2021-03-24 14:08:38 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-03-24 18:08:38 [post_content] =>
PFG Customized Distribution meets the special needs of some of America’s most recognized national chain restaurants, including Cracker Barrel, TGI Friday’s, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster and Ruby Tuesday. Providing customized attention and a centralized contact for product lines, menu changes and account coordination, PFG Customized Distribution serves customers across the United States and in more than 40 countries.
This driver role is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or straight truck intrastate and/or interstate on local, over-the-toad (OTR), shuttle, and/or overnight routes to deliver and unload various food and food related products to customers. All routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The driver communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices.• Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required. • Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards. • Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paper work associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed. • Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule. • Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors. • Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times. • Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required. • Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements. • Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork. • Performs other related duties as assigned.
Valid CDL-A Drivers license
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent • Valid CDL A • Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable) • Must be 21 years of age • Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years • Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check • Pass road test • Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card •
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
31773BR[post_title] => Shuttle Driver [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => performance-food-group-shuttle-driver [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-03-24 14:09:22 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-24 18:09:22 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=38303 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => job_listing [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
- Full Time
- Performance Food Group
- Rock Hill, SC
3 weeks ago
- May 23, 2021
WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 36048 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2021-01-22 11:54:32 [post_date_gmt] => 2021-01-22 16:54:32 [post_content] => Join Our Community of Food People!
Ready to build a career with a company that’s leading the foodservice industry? Join Our Community of Food People!
We help YOU make it!
Benefits medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, strong safety culture, and much more! Benefits start day ONE, stellar local leadership, best place to work!
The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer to move loaded trailers containing various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, dry goods, equipment and supply) and empty trailers to and from remote dispatch sites. All functions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
May also be called upon to perform duties of Backhaul Driver or Delivery Driver.
US Foods is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and a continuous improvement focus.
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
- Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform All Pre-Trip Responsibilities to Include:
- Checking Route Numbers and Account Numbers for All Assigned Deliveries
- Checking Customer Invoices of Product That Has Been Loaded
- Moving Tractor to The Loading Dock to Attach Pre-Loaded Trailer And/or Attach 2Nd Trailer with The Dolly
- Confirming Not Carrying More Than A Total Of 1,000Lbs Of Hazardous Materials and Performing Pre-Trip Safety Check Inspection of Truck and Trailer According to Department of Transportation (Dot) Regulations.
- Drive Loaded Trailers to Dispatch Shuttle Sites
- Switch Out Loaded Trailer with Empty Trailer. Hook Trailers Carefully Making Sure All Connections Are Correct and Return Empty Trailer to The Distribution Center in Accordance with Dot Hours of Service (Hos) Regulations
- Use Electronic Time Keeping System to Log in Time at Stop Site
- Check for Returns and Paperwork on Trailers Shuttling Back to The Distribution Center
- May Have to Unload Products from The Truck with Hand Truck or By Hand and Place Them in The Appropriate Area at The Division
Perform All Post-Trip Responsibilities
- Unloading Damaged Goods and Customer Returns and Completing Paperwork as Necessary
- Performing Safety Checks on The Truck and Trailer
- Fuel (As Required by The Division); Unhooking and Secure Trailer; Parking and Securing Tractor and Hand Truck
- Completing Department of Transportation (Dot) Logs (Electronic or Manual as Required) And Company Vehicle Maintenance Reports (Dvir) And Reconciling These with The Appropriate Company Representative as Required
- Attend All Required Company Meetings and Adhere to All Safety Practices and Company Policies
- Follow Division Shift Times, Enter Days of Week and Hours, And Continue Until the Work Is Completed Within Dot Hos Rules. Some Holiday, Saturday, Sunday, And Overnight Deliveries May Be Required.
- Must Satisfactorily Complete All Company Mandated Trainings and Assessments
- High School Diploma/Ged Preferred
- Must Be Able to Read, Write and Communicate in English As It Relates to The Job and To the Safety Regulations
- Basic Math Skills (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide) Preferred for Instances When Driver May Be Called to Do Delivery Driver Job
- Must Have A Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A Issued by The State of Legal Residence with The Necessary Endorsements and Be Dot Qualified
- Double Endorsement License Required
- Minimum 1 Year Over the Road Commercial Driving Experience Required. Experience Delivering Food Products Preferred.
At Us Foods® We Help Our Customers Make It with Products and Services That Shape the Communities Where We Live and Work. We Are Passionate About Demonstrating the Same Commitment to Helping Our Employees Make It Through Continued Professional Growth Opportunities and Broad Career Path Potential. You Will Have an Impact on Our Customers by Delivering Our Meats, Produce, Frozen Goods, Groceries, Dry Goods, Equipment and Supplies to Their Drop-Off Sites.
Why Us Foods?
Our Customers' Success Goes Far Beyond Great Food. At Us Foods, We Work to Exceed Expectations and Give Our Customers the Competitive Edge They Need. At the Foundation of Those Efforts Are Our Cultural Beliefs, The Pillars That Define Our Work Ethic, Collaborative Spirit and Commitment to Service.
At Us Foods®, We Are Committed to Compensation and Benefits That Respect and Reward Our Employees for Their Dedication and Hard Work. If You Join Our Team, We Provide Flexibility and Options to Fit Every Stage of Your Career.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status******EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*** [post_title] => Shuttle Driver Fort Mill [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => us-foods-shuttle-driver-fort-mill [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-03-09 13:54:07 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-09 18:54:07 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=36048 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => job_listing [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )
Shuttle Driver Fort Mill
- Full Time
- US Foods
- Fort Mill, SC
3 months ago
- May 8, 2021