[ID] => 34496
[post_author] => 1
[post_date] => 2020-12-03 12:31:16
[post_date_gmt] => 2020-12-03 17:31:16
[post_content] => LEAD CUSTODIAN
Under general supervision, to provide lead direction to and coordination of the plant custodial program; to assign and monitor the work of the custodial staff; perform a variety of custodial and janitorial duties in offices and manufacturing areas; and to perform related duties as assigned. This job exercises independent judgment in the selection of work methods and procedures used in general custodial maintenance at the plant.
This is the working lead level custodian classification providing day-to-day coordination and direction of the work of the custodial crew. Work is performed without immediate supervision in an assigned area. This classification is distinguished from the custodian classification in that it performs coordination and direction of the work of the custodial crew along with ordering supplies.
The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each employee in the job title. Performs general scheduling, direction, coordination and monitor of work as a lead custodian over one or more employees doing the same type of work
· Conduct inspections of work and inventories, and orders supplies as needed
· Responsible for safeguarding and care of assigned area’s custodial supplies and equipment
· Works with supervisor and coordinate with other leads to plan long term custodial projects
· Prioritize workload of custodial staff to meet daily schedules
· Dust mop or sweep offices, stairways, floors, restrooms, breakrooms and other areas
· Wet mop stairways, hall floors, gym floors, offices, restrooms, kitchens/ break rooms, building entrances and other areas
· Vacuums and shampoos carpeted surfaces using power equipment including extractor
· Cleans and disinfects restrooms and locker rooms and their components such as showers, toilets, urinals, washbasins, dispensers, stall walls, and trash containers
· Empties wastebaskets, gathers and dumps trash into the compactor
· Strips, waxes, buffs and polishes floor surfaces
· Restocks restroom dispensers including toilet paper, paper towels, soaps and related items
· Dusts offices, meeting rooms, walls, window frames, glass display cases, pictures and frames, tables, and other furniture and equipment
· Mixes disinfectants and other cleaning solutions, and maintains custodial supplies, washing mops and rags, changing vacuum belts and bags, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Knowledge of:
General janitorial practices and procedures. Proper use and minor maintenance of cleaning equipment, cleaning compounds/ chemicals, and supplies. Special equipment used for floor maintenance. Safe working practices and precautions for working with cleaning compounds and waste.
Using cleaning products, disinfectants, and related chemicals for facility care and maintenance. Properly stripping, waxing and buffing floor surfaces. Selecting and using appropriate tools and equipment for various custodial duties. Using gloves and other protective equipment for personal safety. Understanding and following written and oral instructions. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Must be willing to work weekend shifts. Minimum of two years of custodial experience. Previous lead or supervisory experience is required. Will lead a team of 10 janitorial personnel.
The physical abilities involved in the performance of essential duties are: Working in exposure to cleaning solutions, disinfectants, chemicals, bacteria, and bodily fluids; lifting, pushing and pulling equipment weighing up to 50 pounds; manual dexterity to operate cleaning equipment and manipulate objects; walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and climbing stairs and ladders.
[post_title] => Sanitation Lead
[post_status] => publish
[comment_status] => closed
[ping_status] => closed
[post_name] => giti-tire-usa-sanitation-lead
[post_modified] => 2021-03-09 13:17:31
[post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-09 18:17:31
[post_parent] => 0
[guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=34496
[menu_order] => 0
[post_type] => job_listing
[comment_count] => 0
[filter] => raw