Relax... Join Our Team!! :
The primary function of the Mortgage Loan Processor is to serve as the single point of contact for our members throughout the mortgage process and ensure each file is processed in a timely manner with accuracy. They will be responsible for gathering all required documentation and prepare the loan for Underwriting. They must also provide exceptional member service by overseeing the loan process from initial disclosure to closing and provide an on-going communication to all members in process. They will be responsible for accurately managing residential real estate loan documentation through our established systems, and reviewing it to ensure it is completed in full and complies with current regulations and policies.
The candidate has the flexibility to be located at our Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, SC or at our back office operations in Rock Hill, SC, following the 3-4 week training period in Lancaster, SC.
Candidate must be able to communicate fluently in both English and Spanish.:
1. Guide all mortgage applicants through the mortgage process by following the set communication protocol guidelines and performing additional follow up with members when needed.
2. Verify file information from Mortgage Application Processor and Mortgage Loan Officer.
3. Review and confirm the submitted interest rates based on the interest rate sheet, determine when the interest rate can or cannot be locked, and lock application rates when needed.
4. Work closely with Mortgage Loan Officer and mortgage staff to ensure mortgage loan applications are handled in a professional and timely manner.
5. Must have excellent time management and organization skills, high level of accuracy, and the ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment with a high volume work queue.
6. Must maintain integrity of all member sensitive data.
7. Satisfy all loan conditions when received from Mortgage Underwriter, track outstanding documents and follow up with member to collect all required documentation for the mortgage loan.
8. Ascertain loan file readiness for underwriting and submit files to the assigned Mortgage Underwriter.
9. Validate that each loan file approval is within the established lending guidelines.
10. Review credit reports for derogatory credit lines or disputes and other important factors.
11. Proficiently utilize MortgageBot, Imageflow and DocMagic when preparing initial and final mortgage documents.
12. Communicate with other industry professionals, including but not limited to, appraisers, settlement agents, county clerks and insurance companies.
• Request a real estate appraisal from a licensed real estate appraiser and follow-up until appraisal is received.
• Request preliminary real estate title opinion or title commitment and follow-up until legal work is received.
13. Verify insurance by obtaining a copy of the policy and must be able to verify policyholders, property address, coverage amounts, policy dates and premiums.
14. Ensure that loan files contain documents with proper signatures, dates, HMDA, escrow and other relevant data. Upload and accurately index all required mortgage documentation into ImageFlow.
15. Set and confirm closing dates with the member and attorney along with adding or updating the information on the SharePoint Closing Calendar.
16. Must prepare and deliver the closing disclosure to any borrower/member listed on the security instrument within the required timeframe.
17. Prepare and deliver accurate and complete closing packages to the attorney’s office. Image all required information in Imageflow and ensure the loan is ready to fund.
18. Calculate the accurate initial escrow deposit by reviewing and confirming the due dates for the insurance policy, flood insurance, county and city taxes.
19. Reflect efficiency and a positive member experience by creating a culture of accountability and high productivity.
20. Prepare necessary documentation for modifications, extensions, and partial release of lien requests for mortgage loans, when needed.
21. Must verify borrower’s verification of employment and verification of mortgage/rent when needed.
22. Achieve production goals as established by Founders Federal Credit Union.
23. Comply with Founders’ policies and procedures, as well applicable laws, regulations, and statutes issued by federal agencies such as NCUA and FFIEC, including, but not limited to, GLB and BSA. Employees have legal and regulatory obligations to respect and protect the privacy of information and its integrity and confidentiality.
24. All other duties as assigned.
The individual must have a two year associate college degree or two years of prior loan processing experience. They must possess excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and self motivation, as well as a positive attitude. The individual must have a desire to learn and the ability to accept coaching. Must work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment and have a strong attention to detail. Always “Think Member” and look for opportunities to serve our membership in the best interest of the member and the credit union. General knowledge of the real estate industry is desired.
Candidate must be able to communicate fluently in both English and Spanish.
Benefits provided include the following:
Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
Long Term Care Plan
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
Certifications - Assistance with achieving and maintaining
Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Candidate must be available Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-6pm
[post_title] => Bilingual Mortgage Loan Processor
[post_status] => publish
[comment_status] => closed
[ping_status] => closed
[post_name] => founders-federal-credit-union-bilingual-mortgage-loan-processor
[post_modified] => 2021-02-15 13:06:19
[post_modified_gmt] => 2021-02-15 18:06:19
[post_parent] => 0
[guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=36801
[menu_order] => 0
[post_type] => job_listing
[comment_count] => 0
[filter] => raw