WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 32040 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2020-08-31 13:23:23 [post_date_gmt] => 2020-08-31 17:23:23 [post_content] =>[post_title] => MAINTENANCE E & I PLANNER [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => new-indy-containerboard-maintenance-e-i-planner [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2021-02-18 13:22:46 [post_modified_gmt] => 2021-02-18 18:22:46 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=32040 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => job_listing [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )
SUMMARY: The Planner is responsible for the safe and efficient planning of all electrical and instrument work activities in the paper mill areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with production and maintenance staff to plan and schedule the repair and preventative maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Coordinate and prioritize maintenance work with appropriate operations, maintenance, engineering, and safety staff.
- Fully utilize current information, procedures, and work methods to positively impact equipment reliability.
- Provide technical leadership as necessary to production and/or maintenance employees.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to the safety process and policies, including the integration of safety into all planning functions.
- Actively pursue measures that improve operational efficiency, cost reduction, and equipment reliability.
- Maintain a good working relationship with management, staff, and hourly employees.
- Example daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily review of new work orders assigned to their planning backlog
- Detail planning for each job on the backlog according to standards
- Develop schedules for maintenance field day activities
- Close work orders with appropriate craftsmen feedback
- Update bills of material as required while planning
- Maintain outage schedules during shutdowns
- Participate in regular scheduling meetings
- Assist team leaders as necessary to complete work orders
- Contact outside contractors as necessary for quotes
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field or appropriate work experience.
- Experience using Maximo or similar enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box.”
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Functional use of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives.
- Highly organized and uses efficient work methods.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- No license requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MAINTENANCE E & I PLANNER
- Full Time
- New-Indy Containerboard
- Catawba, SC
7 months ago
- April 19, 2021