[post_title] => MANUAL FULFILLMENT OPERATOR
[post_status] => publish
[comment_status] => closed
[ping_status] => closed
[post_name] => pci-group-inc-manual-fulfillment-operator
[post_modified] => 2021-03-11 12:06:52
[post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-11 17:06:52
[post_parent] => 0
[guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=25320
[menu_order] => 0
[post_type] => job_listing
[comment_count] => 0
[filter] => raw
B SHIFTMONDAY - WEDNESDAY AND EVERY OTHER SUNDAY
7PM - 7AM
: Manual Insert Operator
: Shift Manager (with direction from the Shift Lead)
: Produces inserted materials in accordance with Standard Work Processes to ensure that quality expectations are met while also meeting output and efficiency goals.
: Overtime Eligible
The Inserting Operator is responsible for the overall quality, output and efficiency of the inserting equipment. By being teamed with an Assistant Operator, the Inserting Operator will focus on machine operation and quality while the Assistant Operator focuses on material movement. The Inserting Operator is ultimately accountable for the quality of all materials produced and for following all standard work procedures.
- Follow Standard Work procedures
- Make ready, operate, maintain and have ability to trouble shoot the inserting process as needed.
- Follow QC Procedures and complete all logs, paperwork, check list and Computer functions (MRDF, DCS, etc.) in accordance with Standard Processes.
- Work with the Assistant Operator as able to ensure all finished materials are processes appropriately
- Understand the capabilities of the machine to achieve optimum print quality
- Maintain workflow efficiency by evaluating processes at each stage of production
- Operator is responsible for creating a predictable process through:
- Correctly performing preventative maintenance routines
- Ensuring that each job is properly set up
- Performing routine inserting procedures, most of which require specific skills and aptitudes
- Inspecting for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, quality analysis, and judgment
- Recognizing when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework
- Perform adjustments accurately, efficiently and according to procedures, minimizing unexpected downtime and maintenance calls
- Interact closely with other departments outside of inserting (Pressroom/ Mail Dispatch/ Warehouse/ Shipping/ Technicians).
- Ensure associates maintain safety and OSHA standards.
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards, while driving continuous improvements.
- All other tasks as assigned by Lead, Manager, or Senior Management.
- Will comply with all current and future security and compliance requirements
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D., vocational or technical school diploma or certificate.
xperience in similar mail facility with working knowledge of Inserting Machines desired.
Read and write English, passing of WorkKeys Assessment Testing, PCI Group Assessment testing.
Knowledge and Skills: Working knowledge of Pitney Bowes and Bell and Howell inserting machines or other similar high-volume/high speed inserting machines with regard to operation, minor set-up adjustment and safety preferred. Must have computer skills; understand work flows, comprehensive of job tickets, have attention to detail, positive attitude and a team player.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift heavy boxes and trays of mail up to 30 lbs. Ability to stand for long periods of time, bending at the waist and knees.