MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Plans work schedules and assigns duties to maintain effective work flow throughout the department.
2. Exercises effective management and control over assigned areas. Ensures assigned areas are staffed sufficiently to meet daily work requirements.
3. Considers daily needs of other departments in the warehouse and disperses work group to assist in other areas as needed.
4. Reviews processes and methods and recommends cost saving measures. Participates in budget preparation as required.
5. Communicates all operational issues to the Operations Manager in a timely and concise manner. Develops and presents solutions to resolve issues.
6. Ensures associates are provided with a positive work environment and all tools necessary to support their success.
7. Monitors work performed to ensure quality, accuracy and customer service goals are met on a continuous basis. Ensures adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Apprises associates of performance issues. Consults with Operations Manager and Human Resources to determine effective methods to address and correct performance issues.
9. Maintains daily updates to payroll and Labor Management System.
10. Plays an integral role in the talent selection process through reviewing candidates and making talent selections which support the business needs and objectives.
11. Prepares and maintains all required productivity and staffing reports.
12. Ensures all associates are adequately trained in adherence with the Distribution Center training procedures and policies; maintains the required training documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
13. Promotes safe working practices by example and direction. Ensures associates comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
14. Investigates and prepares accident reports. Participates in development of corrective action process to prevent future occurrences.
15. Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
16. Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
17. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
18. Promotes and participates in Employee-Engagement events to enhance associate morale. Actively works with Manager and Human Resources to develop plans to address associate issues and improve employee engagement.
19. Ensures Collective Bargaining Agreement and all Company Policies are enforced consistently. Works with DC Management and Human Resources Partners on any required investigations or corrective action.
20. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of a High School diploma; B.A in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field preferred.
• At least two years supervisory experience in a high volume Warehouse/Distribution environment.
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound judgment calls, within the scope of responsibility and established guidelines.
• Ability to work a varied schedule based upon business needs.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; to direct reports, outside callers, visitors, vendors and to all levels within the Company.
• A minimum of one year experience working with Warehouse Management Systems, Engineered Standards and automated payroll systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and operation.
• Ability to operate all required equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to complete all assigned training.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute and promote the company’s core values and team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Previous union environment experience preferred.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to speak and hear clearly.
• Frequently required to bend, stoop, and stand.
• Frequently required to walk, climb stairs and work at all levels within the facility.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
10 to 25 non-exempt associates.
[post_title] => Distribution Center Supervisor
[post_status] => publish
[comment_status] => closed
[ping_status] => closed
[post_name] => northern-tool-equipment-distribution-center-supervisor
[post_modified] => 2021-03-25 14:51:42
[post_modified_gmt] => 2021-03-25 18:51:42
[post_parent] => 0
[guid] => https://jobsrockhill.com/?post_type=job_listing&p=33808
[menu_order] => 0
[post_type] => job_listing
[comment_count] => 0
[filter] => raw