Company Spotlight: Founders Federal Credit Union
Founders Federal Credit Union was founded in 1950 when a group of Springs Mills employees, who wanted to protect their colleagues from predatory loan sharks and moneymen, decided to do something about it. It began as an idea, but it became a physical reality as the Springmaid Credit Union, their name at the time, expanded throughout the area. They helped members, including their own employees, reach states of financial security and wellbeing through strategic saving and borrowing. After 60 years and 1 name change, Founders Federal Credit Union continues looking out for their neighbors and helping build strong communities.
Founders now serves more than 219,000 members at over 30 locations in 2 states. The benefits of being a non-profit financial cooperative are that members are able to receive better rates on savings and loans and enjoy friendly and personalized service no matter where they do their banking! Founders also supports their communities through financial education, scholarships, and other giving. This commitment to members extends to employees as well. The following is an excerpt from Founders’ “Careers” page:
What makes Founders a great place to work?
- Our employee health package includes comprehensive medical, dental, company paid group terms life and AD&D, disability and supplemental voluntary benefits. We also offer Flex Spending Accounts for both Medical and Dependent Care.
- We value our employees’ overall wellbeing and take a holistic approach to ensure our employees are healthy both physically and mentally. Our award-winning Fit Founders Wellness Plan and Employee Assistance programs provide employees with resources to ensure positive health.
- Employees are invited to attend seminars and webinars based on the needs of the position.
- Community involvement is important to Founders. Our employees’ involvement in community groups and organizations is welcomed, supported and appreciated.
- Founders provides competitive salaries and bonus/incentive opportunities for all positions.
- Our family oriented atmosphere provides a culture of teamwork and compassion for each employee and our membership.
Visit the Founders website to view current openings and apply today!